Sunday, December 5, 2010

Reclaiming Christmas

     I love Christmas. I always have.  It's by far my favorite time of the year. It's the snow, the family, baking, faith, etc.  I love it so much that 4 years ago I decided to have my wedding a week before Christmas. It was beautiful and everything I dreamed it would be.....
   
      
 Fast forward four years.

      This is my third Christmas divorced (ok really second but the divorce was in the works for the third and it was by far my worst Christmas ever).   I'm finally reclaiming Christmas.  The last two have been hard to say the least. I don't by any means miss my ex husband. I do miss,  having someone to put a tree up with and snuggle on the couch with in the dark (though my daughter is a pretty good subsitute).  Something has just felt lacking.

    So this year I'm reclaiming Christmas. As I write this my duaghter is baking cookies with her grandpa, the tree is lit, snow is beginning to fall, and carols are playing in the background.  I'm beginning to feel the magic again.

Country girl seeking to reclaim Christmas.
    
      

2 comments:

  1. Love it Anna! What a great way to reclaim Christmas ~ sounds like a Currier and Ives painting =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of how far you've come... I hope this Christmas is your best one ever!!

    ReplyDelete