Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Review

        So I'm sitting here in my jammies on New Year's Eve. Yup, you guessed all plans for plans fell through.  I never got the balls to ask Matt if he wanted to do something and chances are he would have said no anyway. So as I'm sitting here all grumpy, bummed and blue, I thought I'd make a review of the positive things that happened in 2010.

        ~ Men~
        My first thought on men it 2010 was, well that was a bust, but not really.  I was broke up with in the first month of the year with Opie. I'd been with him for about 6 months. I loved him. It hurt like hell but I survived it and learned from it. While I never officially had a date in 2010, I had some good fun with flirting and maybe a bit of non PG material. I had a few guys go after me too. Granted one was an ex con (yeah I will NOT be dating anyone who went to PRISON especially when it was for statutory rape and then when telling me the story of what happens insists that "it was all her fault" and she lied. Sorry that's not just gonna happen.)  Then there's Ed. I like Ed. We met a few years ago at my best friend's wedding in England.  We've chatted every once and a while since. After things fell through with Opie, Ed and I started to talk a lot more. During this time I got my nice tax return and decided what the heck I'll go to England and visit. See Amy and get to hang with Ed in the meantime. Well a few weeks before I left for England, Ed started seeing someone. We saw each other once at a party that I got incredibly drunk (it wasn't pretty!) We've chatted since, and he's expressed interest in me again. My problem is that he's in England. That's a long way away even if I didn't have a kid. But I have Izzy. I'm not allowed to even move out of the county withouth permission from my ex husband.  I don't know that I can deal with long term at this point in my life, no matter how much I may want to.

~ Life~
        I have been blest with my half time position at school again this year and praying for a full time position soon! 
       I got to visit my best friend in England for 10 days and found out that she was pregnant on my visit! We had such a good time. I've been so blessed to have such a fabulous friend for so many years (we added it up, it's been 14 years!!)  And BONUS I got to see her and her family again in November :) (I'm trying really hard to not spend my tax return this year for another visit!!)
      Then there's Izzy. She's my bright spot. I don't know what to do with myself when she's at her dad's. She started Pre-k this year and she's loving every minute of it.
      My grandma got deathly ill after a hernia surgery in November and it was touch and go for a while. My family has been blessed again as she is now home and on the long road of recovery.

I'm glad I did this. I do feel better. I'm still bummed that I don't have any plans tonight but I also realize how blessed I am to spend this evening with my fabulous family!

No comments:

Post a Comment