Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's day

       I decided that tonight as this Valentine's day comes to yet another lonely close, I'd chanel some Music Man lyrics. <3
       But first some reflection.  The hopeless romantic in me wants to dive whole heartedly into this holiday and it's possibilities. Unfortunately, the effects of the past few years has left that part of me badly bruise and hurt and truely questioning myself and relationships.  I still mourn the loss of my marriage. Please don't read this wrong, I don't miss being married to my ex husband.  I miss the joy, dreams, and companionship I found on this date in 2007. When I was snowed in as a newlywed.  I'm fairly certain that my wonderful daughter is here today due in part to that snow storm.
I miss having someone to call my own.  I was hoping to not spend tonight alone (a certain someone decided tonight he should go to bed early). I'm sure he too was leary of the date and knowing me was pretty sure that I would have over analyzed if he would have come over. Me? Over analyze?  NEVER!   There are still moments with him that make me think there's potential there..... but again, that may be me reading too far into things. Only time will tell what will happen. As lonely as I am tonight, I still can't help but to pray and hope that there is someone out there who is just for me and that I'll find him.

Goodnight, my someone,


Goodnight, my love,

Sleep tight, my someone,

Sleep tight, my love,

Our star is shining it's brightest light

For goodnight, my love, for goodnight.

Sweet dreams be yours, dear,

If dreams there be

Sweet dreams to carry you close to me.

I wish they may and I wish they might

Now goodnight, my someone, goodnight

True love can be whispered from heart to heart

When lovers are parted they say

But I must depend on a wish and a star

As long as my heart doesn't know who you are.

Sweet dreams be yours dear,

If dreams there be

Sweet dreams to carry you close to me.

I wish they may and I wish they might

Now goodnight, my someone, goodnight.

Goodnight,

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment